Guacamole is a wonderful snack or appetizer. The traditional recipe is using Avacado - a great source of healthy fat. I give a recipe for that and also one made without Avacado, but with Asapragus - making a wonderful Weight Wather's alternative.
Serving: 1/4 c
This recipe had a basis as an on-line Weight Watcher's recipe, but I changed it.
1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
1 Tbsp low-fat plain or lemon yogurt
Juice of 1 small lime (about 1+ Tbsp)
1/4 c. cilantro, coarsley chipped
3 med scallions, thinkly sliced or 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 med jalapeno pepper, minced or 1.5 tsp minced (or to taste)
1 med garlic clove, minced
1 tomato, diced
1/8 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Steam asparagus until tender - about 12 minutes, drain
- Puree asparagus in a food processor until smmoth
- Sir in remaining ingredients and chill
Serve with chips or raw veggies. You can serve this warm for a vegetable side dish.
2 Avacados, ripe
8 oz. jar of salsa, hottness to your taste - choose one that is natural without oil
- Scoop avacados out of shell and discard pits.
- Mashed in a small bowl. Avacados do not have to be smooth, you can leave it chunky
- Mix in the salsa. As an alternative, add all ingredients (except Asapragus and yogurt) from the Asparagus recipe above.
Go back to
my Weight Watcher's Home Page
kcEnamels.com Home Page