This Goddess is Amber Rose - The Goddess of Bountiful Harvests. She was designed for the 2009 Autumn Goddess Swap challenge in my Goddess Dolls yahoo group. She is the first stump doll I have made and I made her using a pattern I designed. Amber Rose was designed for my swap partner, Christen Bills, check out her blog and she the doll she made me here.
If you roll your mouse over a doll, you can see her back.
- Prayer: May your all your harvests be bountiful and may you always be surrounded by family and friends.
- Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Note: I really love this quote as my swap partner's favorite season is Autumn and mine is Spring; this quote brings both together.
- Bead Embroidery
- Machine embroidery done with melt-away stabelizer so that I had virtual appliques that I sewed onto Amber Rose
- Brick Stitch shoulder pads
- Peyote ruffle neckline
- Needle felted hair
- Face was sculpted using hand stitching and painting
- A basket of apples because my swap partner loves to go apple picking
- A cat cham because my swap partner loves cats
- A bouquet of various items harvested in the Autumn
- Autumn colors